Thoughts

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Willow Lawn

I'm not originally from Richmond. I moved here 28 years ago and I can honestly say I am just now starting to feel like I can say "I'm from Richmond" (although I still say I'm from Northern Va). Today is a beautiful post hurricane Irene Sunday. The sky is blue, birds are singing and there is even a breeze. I decided to celebrate by doing something very Richmond. I headed down to Willow Lawn (yes, I'm a West Ender). I love the little restaurants with patios and the abundance of people watching, So I found myself a seat at Noodles & Co to settle in for some lunch and observation. Willow Lawn always has that laid back feel. No one is rushing, everyone takes time for ice cream or coffee and just to hang out. It's like the park but without grass. One woman was stretched out on a bench enjoying her book. Several students were there charging their iPods (due to most of us being without power today) and doing homework. Many people venturing out for that much needed cup of coffee at Starbucks. I was content to enjoy the outdoors, my lunch and a book. This is my kind of Sunday, minus the hurricane the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment